Normally, I’m happy to be over the age of thirty as the twenties sure were fun, but I have little desire to go back to the days when I had such self-doubt and concern over making a living and having a future. Alas, I have reached an age where I am much more zen and content, but when I read about a program like this… it makes me yearn for the days when I, too, could get a job Down Under and sail through my youth (or lounge on Bondi Beach). Ahhhh…
Alliance Abroad Group’s Work Experience Australia Program has just launched and we wanted you to be the first to know about this exciting new program for anyone under the age of 30 years old. Just in time for Summer 2012, this program is a perfect opportunity for hospitality and tourism professionals and young adults to have a guaranteed job placement while gaining international paid experience. The first of it’s kind to guaranteed jobs prior to leaving the U.S., you’ll meet with all of the employers and experience staff lifestyle first hand – familiarizing yourself with the working and social environment each employer has to offer.
In partnership with Tourism Queensland, the Alliance Abroad Group (AAG), a 20-year-old cultural exchange organization, is expanding its offerings to the South Pacific. Launching this spring, AAG’s Work Experience Australia program offers American students and young professionals an opportunity to enrich their lives with a cultural exchange to gain valuable, paid work experience and international experience on the pristine beaches of the Great Barrier Reef.
This first-of-its-kind program guarantees participants a job placement in advance of their travels as well as travel insurance and assistance with visa paperwork, transportation and in-country needs while abroad. These components provide ease of mind to those participating as the place of work and wage will be secured before departure in addition to on-the-ground support throughout their stay. AAG actively recruits and pre-screens potential candidates nationwide and matches them to appropriate tourism and hospitality employers to ensure employment expectations are met on both sides – employer and employee.
One of the many participating employers in AAG’s Work Experience Australia program is Hamilton Island’s luxurious resort, qualia, considered one of the finest resort properties in the world. When not gaining invaluable professional experience with international clientele at four- and five-star resorts, students spend time experiencing the beauty and wonder that the magnificent Great Barrier Reef offers. Additionally, the tax refund students earn will likely provide enough monetary means to account for the program fee and airfare to Australia.
Profile of Work Experience Australia Candidate
• Students, recent grads and young professionals
• Under the age of 30 upon entry into Australia
Work Experience Australia Program Types
• Signature –train and work with world-class, award-wining hotels and resorts, learning from some of the finest in the industry.
• Horizons –for those who want to work in a variety of departments and get a full-picture of the industry with exposure to a number of facets of the hotel business.
• Specialist –enhance specialized skills for those who want to build upon a specific skill set such as massage therapy.
$2500 Program fee includes:
• Guaranteed Job Placement in Tourism/Hospitality (Paid on average $18 a hour)
• Facilitation in paperwork for Visa
• 24/7 support before, after and on the ground support while in Australia
• Travel Insurance
• Assistance finding housing, flights and support adjusting to the local culture
• May, June, September 2012 departures
• 3 -6 month positions (with the option of two 6-month positions)
• Travel within the country for up to a total of 12 months
Example Job Description:
• Service attendant – island resort, Great Barrier Reef. Weekly Earnings: 38 hours+ @ $18.20 p/hr = $691.60 minus tax/housing/utilities = Net Pay $544 p/week. (a proportion of taxes are refundable upon after departure from Australia)
Apply here: http://australia.allianceabroad.com